Thursday 10 August 2017

The Story Behind The Business: A Thousand Yellow Daisies

You may recognise this businesses name from my recent post about a facebook market night, the market night was a big success and in this post, I am going to introduce you to Sam the fantastic woman behind A Thousand Yellow Daisies!

ATYD create mugs, stationery and gifts with brilliant floral prints. Sam Started the business with a backlog of patterns and graphics that she had designed simply for fun. She spent 5 years learning and developing skills that would support her design abilities. during the start of ATYD she found that patterns inspired by nature were the most popular and in her opinion her best work. Currently, her main inspiration comes from working with others. She currently collaborates with Chick With Chainsaw, creating beautifully personalised coasters.



Ideally, Sam wants to be able to secure a business that she can simply live off of.

"All I want from A Thousand Yellow Daisies is to be able to make a small living that allows me to turn my passion into a career and spend everyday doing what I love. In doing this I also hope to be able to establish strong connections with fellow small businesses and makers to support each other and work collaboratively".

So what is Sam most proud of about the business? Quite simply that ATYD still exists! It has been a tough first year for Sam and has hit many walls along the way.
"There was time after time where I wondered if i'd made the right decision. When juggling the business alongside part time jobs, sometimes working overtime it was exhausting. Attending market stalls that just weren't right for me almost every weekend for 3 months in the run up to Christmas, getting up at 6am and home by 6pm making hardly any sales I wondered why I was even still trying".
 But despite all of that she continued, she just completed a free lance project rebranding a cocktail bar and two more freelance opportunities in the pipe line. There is even the possibility of working on a wedding. Because of all of this she is inspired to work even harder, it would have been easy to give up at any point but she is glad she didn't as she would never have had some of the opportunities she has had other wise.

The future is looking very bright for Sam and AYTD with several big projects being planned for the autumn of this year and spring of next year! This was all she could tell me so I am very excited to hear more about them in the future!

Currently, you can find AYTD on Facebook and Instagram. You can also buy all of AYTD's fabulous designs on Etsy, Chic Shed Designs - Ryton, Tyne and Wear; House of Vestress - Hayle, Cornwall and Sapphire Gifts in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.







Now I have some very exciting news! I am officially an ambassador for ATYD! This means Every month I will be introducing you to one of Sam's fantastic items (expect pretty Instagram posts!) and it also means you get a 15% discount on pretty much all of her items! How ace is that! In order for you to get this discount just enter code ATYD15HB at the checkout! Make sure to let me know what you buy either in the comments below or by using #lovehayleybeth in any of your posts!



Instagram
Snapchat: lovehayleybeth
Email

Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment