Monday 19 December 2016

DIY IT!!!| DIY Christmas Gifts

Snow is fallin'
All around me
Children playin'
Having fun
It's the season
Love and understanding
Merry Christmas everyone

I know right, can you believe Christmas is literally round the corner. This year I have been super unorganised and have literally bought nothing. So this year I have set myself a little challenge. I am going to try and make some gifts.

So the first DIY I have done are the famous 'Sharpie Mug'. Now I couldn't find any of the sharpie paint markers so i used posca pens instead. So I have made these for my two house mates and my mum and sister. Everyone loves mugs and they can be used for so much more than just drinking a good cuppa tea!!!
So first of all you will need a selection of cheap plain mugs, nail varnish remover, paint pens and stickers.
I'm not all that creative so i went with the monogram letter dot design. What I did was print out some letters in a variety of bold fonts onto some sticker paper. once I stuck the letters to the mugs and chose the colours i wanted the dots to be. I chose silver and gold as I thought it was very christmassy!!!
once you are happy with your design peel the sticker off and leave to dry fully over night. In order to be able to use the mug without damaging your design you will need to pop in the oven at 220 for around 45 mins. Make sure you let the mugs warm up and cool down completely with the oven to prevent cracking.
Your mugs are now done!!! Make sure to only hand wash them so they last longer!!!!

And hey presto you have the perfect gift for quite simply anyone!!!! I hope you have enjoyed this little DIY and if you give it a go please share what you make using #lovehayleybeth




As Always
Love Hayley Beth XXX


Facebook
Twitter
Depop
Shop
Instagram
Snapchat: lovehayleybeth

No comments:

Post a Comment