Friday 30 August 2013

Just a little rant!

So today is a bit of a rant. I love reading but at the moment the only books I seem to be able to find are the first installment of a series of books. Don't get me wrong I love a good series me, but what happened to the days when authors would write a novel and that would be that no prequel novella no series that leads you on for ever. What happened to authors thinking of a new plot and idea of something new they could write for each book they write. I know many would say a series is easier to do because publishing contracts require you to do three or four books but surely by doing that they are just hiding their real writing prowess from the audience, the readers, the people who really matter. They are taking the easy route by just writing several books on the same plot and some writers do so wrong and the reader loses interest because really the story could have been told much better if it was just one book.
Another thing is when authors write a series of ten novellas. Seriously what is the point in that. I personally would rather read it as just one book or possibly two. That way the flow of reading would be much better and you would be able to get into the story much better and easier.
I would love to hear your opinions on this to see if i am not the only one thinking this way!!!
With Love Hayley Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment